We are in the market for a Project Estimator. Please read the job description below and apply via LinkedIn.
The Project Estimator is responsible for preparing detailed estimates for a variety of commercial project types and sizes. Must be capable of assembling bids individually or as part of a team. Local market experience is helpful. Salary commensurate with experience.
Typical Duties and Requirements Include:
- • Ability to successfully communicate ideas and information in the workplace.
- • Work effectively among coworkers within a team environment.
- • Ability to competently communicate to owners, architects and engineers.
- • Assist in the compiling of historical cost data for project estimates.
- • Collaborate with owners, architects and engineers.
- • Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- • Attend pre-bid meetings to determine scopes of work, required contents for estimate review, project documents and identify potential conflicts and construct-ability issues.
- • Ability to quantify work with adequate detail and provide well organized estimates.
- • Take-off using On Screen take-off software.
- • Assemble estimates using Timberline software.
- • Assist in subcontractor solicitation and pre-qualification.
- • Identify project risks and effectively communicate such risks in writing.
- • Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts and job cost reports.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- • Degree in Construction Management/Engineering or an equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience.
- • One to five years of estimating experience.
- • Controls and/or engineering experience related to similar facility construction.
- • Advanced knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control.
- • Ability to interpret computerized cost data and use computerized estimating systems.
- • Ability to read and understand construction documents, soils reports, and specifications.
- • Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods.
- • Positive attitude and professional customer service skills.
- • Detail orientation and accuracy are required.
- • Excellent relationships with subcontractors in the Nebraska area is helpful.