Board of Certification

1415 Harney Street | Omaha, Nebraska

Facility Type: Office
Construction Type: Historic Renovation
Size: 15,000 Square Feet
Services Provided: General Contractor
Completion Date: November 2008
Client: Board of Certification, Inc.
Designer: Alley Poyner Architecture, OC

The long time vacant building was built between 1911 and 1912.  The Board of Certification received tax increments because of the historic preservation work that Dicon performed.  The exterior was completely restored to preserve the original historic details of the building.  On the interior, office space was added the the second floor along with the installation of skylights, a 3-stop elevator, and new stairwells.  A loft was constructed and rooftop deck added.  Dicon was able to save the original maple hardwood floors and refinish the exposed brick interior.  Dicon was able to work with the architect to value engineer the project to meet the client’s budget.

 

TESTIMONIAL

“The building is over 100 years old, there were challenges along the way, but the historic renovation expertise that Dicon provided was invaluable and allowed us to restore and preserve as much of the original detail as possible.  We feel they are extremely competent in historical classifications and retentions.  We found Dicon to be very professional and proficient in the management of the project and responsive to any questions or changes we had.  The level of service and attention to detail, both during and after the construction period, is unsurpassed.  We appreciated the time and effort that Dicon spent developing a relationship with us, understanding our needs and ensuring our satisfaction with the end project. ”

– Anne Minton, Board of Certification, Inc.




×